As you know, the new Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination will be released on August 31st, 2011 as a result of the recent Role Delineation Study (RDS). The PMP® RDS is the foundation on which this professional certification is based.
The RDS defines what project managers do, how often they do it and how important their work is. As the RDS is updated, there are resulting updates to the examination questions and process areas in the PMP examination application.
PMI strongly recommends PMP candidates who have prepared for the current exam to schedule their exam on or before August 30th.
Delivery of Exam Results
As PMI transition to the new examination, they must update the examination reporting processes. This means for a short period of time examination results will not be available immediately following the examination. There will be a 4–6 week period between taking the examination and receiving the results via email. The delay is necessary any time an exam changes to validate the new examination structure. In particular, please note the following details about the delivery of the examination results.
- PMP candidates who take the updated computer-based examination on or after 31 August will not receive immediate results at the Prometric testing center.
- PMP candidates taking the updated paper-based examination can also expect a delay in receiving their examination results.
- Once PMI validates the new examination structure (by mid-October) we will be able to resume providing individuals with immediate results at the Prometric testing center.
- Each PMP candidate will receive a communication to notify them when their results are available at PMI.org.
- All candidates can expect to receive their examination results by mid-October.
If you have any further queries, please contact us.